Thursday, February 9, 2012

Paper Organization




If you are anything like Jordan and I, you have lots of loose papers that pile up on the counters, floors, or other places. I usually like to hide them places and then Jordan can't find what he needs. So this was an idea I came up with to create a better system for "hiding" or organizing our papers. We picked up a set of 5 magazine holders from IKEA in plain white for about 3 dollars (maybe even less than that). They are just white cardboard and pretty lame so I added some color and interest by cutting scrapbook paper to fit the spine. Use modge podge to apply the paper to the cardboard and then apply a coat on the top to protect the scrapook paper. We used five different colors/styles of paper so that we could identify what papers belong in which holder. We then placed them on a bookcase facing in so that the spine with the different scrapbook paper shows. You could cover the two sides as well, but we decided we just wanted the spines covered.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this, I made my first one this afternoon:

    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/556687203915555493/

    ReplyDelete