Thursday, February 9, 2012

fridge frames / i love you because - pinterest

FRIDGE FRAMES...my new favorite idea!

This is the original idea from pinterest (below left)....The frames are fancier than the ones I found and used. Also, I used an idea I saw all over pinterest for an "I love you because" framed print to gift Jordan for Valentine's day (below right).
Frame magnets.    I love you because...

I found frames at the dollar store near my house, Honk's in Provo UT. They have an 88 cent Tuesday so I picked up 3 frames for less than 3 dollars! I have made two so far...one 5x7 and one 8x10. Use a really light frame. Mine were foam covered with a light metal so they were not heavy. Also, find magnets that are pretty strong to help hold them to the fridge. I spray painted the frames, super glued magnets to the back (all over!), and then added scrapbook paper to the 5x7 and an 8x10 print I created in Photoshop ("I love you because:"). I combined the idea of the fridge frame and "I love you because" to create a Valentine's gift for Jordan, my husband. It is great on the fridge where we can conveniently leave little notes for each other.


This is the photoshop jpeg I created (and am generously letting you steal.
If you want to create your own use picnik.com or use photoshop. I chose two different fonts, added the font, then added a line. Pretty simple! Even for a beginner in photoshop!

The other frame with the chevron scrapbook paper I made is still a work in progress. Again, I spray painted the frame and added  scrapbook paper for the background. I am going to create vinyl "What's for dinner?" and then use dry erase marker to write what is on the menu for dinner that night. My husband always asks and likes to know so the idea came from him asking each day, "What is for dinner? It better be something good!" I guess now he will know ahead of time if it will be good or not, right!? Note: You could just use dry erase marker to make notes/messages or do something different on your fridge like write something to use up or a grocery list, or so forth. Let me know what ideas you have for your fridge....


Please excuse the horrible pictures, the lighting in our kitchen is bad.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment